The Goal

The Goal

Friday 10 July 2015

Imperial Meeting 2015, Day 1 - Getting Organised

After 18 hours of flying from Montana to London, I was kindly picked up by my friend Bob (of GGG teardown fame) from LHR and made it to the best place in the world. After coffee, the day was mostly spent getting borrowed rifle and kit ready to shoot in the Veterans' Match at 500x on Century. Bob had also sorted us a practice target at long range, which has at least enabled me to get some zeroes and make sure initial shots will be on paper.

The Veterans' Match was acceptable, if not brilliant. My 49.7 at 500x was a workmanlike score; although losing my last was a bit disappointing. The next time I will fire a better shot and will put them all in.

More pleasant been the continual greetings and catchups with old friends. It has been nigh-on impossible to go anywhere, do anything without running into someone. I'm hoping that from now on, I am able to dedicate a little more time to people. Much of today, I've had to run off with unseemly haste to zero my rifle, to get to Stickledown, to head off to shoot. Meeting new people and renewing old friendships is one of the most important aspects of shooting at Bisley and I should give it the respect it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment